i make a huge batch of this granola each week and store it in a big glass jar on our countertop. it makes a delicious, frugal breakfast, and b loves loves it. we are always looking for ways to cut back and simplify things.
honey almond granola
4 cups of oats (I use generic old fashioned oats)
1 cup of whole almonds/walnuts/pecans
1/4 cup of flax seeds
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
3/4 cup of honey
1/3 cup of canola oil
a dash of vanilla
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1. preheat the oven to 325 F
2. mix the honey, vanilla, cinnamon and oil
3. add in the oats, nuts and seeds
4. blend well and spread onto a non-stick baking sheet
5. bake for about 35 minutes (or until golden), stirring every 10 minutes.
-Add dried fruit, such as raisins, cherries, cranberries, etc…and store in an airtight container.