I drove my mom’s car to the farmers’ market this morning. She had Celtic music in the CD player and it reminded me of Riverdance. Do you remember Riverdance? The world famous Irish step dancing show? My brother and I thought Riverdance was so cool when we were young. This thought led me to list of other things I was “into” as a young, naive (truly, the most naive) thirteen year old girl.
1) Favorite actresses: Audrey Hepburn and Julia Ormond
2) Favorite movie: Little Women (1994 version)
3) Favorite food: chicken salad sandwiches from Hudson Belk’s cafeteria (some say I was brainwashed by mother)
4) Favorite outfit: khaki pants, button down shirt, polo sweater vest and mary jane shoes (” “)
5) Hairstyle: bangs; courtesy of my mother
6) Favorite band: tie between Harry Connick Jr. and the Spice Girls
7) Teeth: braced
8) Early feminist tendency: protested the skirt measuring role at my Christian school; stood up against racial intolerance, sadly also in my school; proudly anti-cheerleading
9) Sport: CASL (city) soccer league. Tried out for JV basketball. Was offered water girl position due to my height and small frame. Rejected said offer.